This is a simple to prepare, yet easy healthy recipe that contains just 3.6g of fat per serving.
Whole artichokes - 6lbs
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Garlic (diced) - 4 cloves
Portobello mushroom caps (sliced) - 3 cups
Fresh parsley (chopped) - 2 tbsp
Lemon juice - 1/4 cup (mixed with 4 cups of water)
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
Easy healthy recipe cooking instructions:
- Cut off the artichoke stems and also cut off the artichoke tops.
- Remove the bottom leafs and the hard outer leafs, and then cut each artichoke in half horizontally.
- Remove the fuzzy thistle with a spoon, and also cut the artichoke bottoms into quarters then dip in to the lemon water then drain.
- Put artichoke in a saucepan, cover with water, then bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat, and let it simmer for 15 minutes until soft. Drain the liquid.
- Heat the olive oil on medium-high heat and add the artichoke with garlic.
- Saute for 2 minutes then add in the mushrooms. Cover, and cook for 2 more minutes until mushrooms are soft.
- Add in salt, pepper, and parsley, and serve.
- Fat - 3.6g (0.5g sat, 2.2g mono, 0.5g ploy)
- Protein 11.5g
- Carbs - 36g
Click here for Quick and Easy Chinese Vegetarian Cook