- Egg whites - 2
- Applesauce - 1 cup
- All purpose flour - 1 1/4 cup
- Blueberries - 1/2 cup
- Raspberries - 1/2 cup
- Dried apricots - 1/3 cup
- Toasted wheat germ - 2 tbsp
- Nonfat dry milk - 1/4 cup
- Puffed grain cereal (ie. Kashi) - 2 cups
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Ground cinnamon - 1 tsp
- Brown sugar - 3/4 cup
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Vegetable oil - 1/3 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
Health snack recipe cooking instructions:
- Spread the applesauce on to several sheets of paper towels, and place several sheets of paper towels on top.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes until the liquid has drained.
- Coarsely grind the cereal in a food grinder.
- Mix in flour, dry milk, toasted wheat germ, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt in the grinder. Pulse to combine the ingredients.
- Scrape the applesauce into the processor. Also add blueberries, raspberries, apricots, brown sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and egg white. Pulse to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread the mixture on a baking pan, and bake for 30 minutes until cooked. Serves 24 bars.
- Calories - 94
- Fat - 2g (0.5g sat, 1g mono, 0.5g poly)
- Protein - 1.7g
- Carbs - 17g
Click here for Quick and Easy Chinese Vegetarian Cook