If you enjoy spicy food, then give this delicious spicy shrimp recipe a try.
- Shrimp (remove head, leave the shell on) - 3/4 pound
- Corn starch - 1 tsp
- Soy sauce - 1 tsp
- Chinese cooking wine - 1 tsp
- White onion (peeled, julienne) - 1/2 of a large onion
- Green onion (julienne) - 3
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Garlic (diced) - 4 cloves
- Small red chillies (diced) - 4 to 6
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tbsp
Spicy shrimp cooking instructions:
- Wash and clean the shrimp, leaving the shells on. Take a serated knife and open up the shrimp from its back. Make sure to remove the black intestine from the shrimp.
- Mix the shrimp with corn starch, soy sauce, and cooking wine.
- Heat the oil in a wok to medium high.
- Add in the garlic and red chillies and stir for 15 seconds.
- Quickly add in the shrimp and stir until half cooked.
- Add in the white onions, salt, and honey.
- Stir for 2 to 4 minutes until the shrimp is cooked.
- Add in the green onions in the end. Stir for another half a minute and dishup and serve.
Depending on how spicy you like it, you can add more or less spicy red chillies to this dish.
Click here for Quick and Easy Chinese Vegetarian Cook